Remember when I used to blog?
Gee, that was fun.
But then, life happened.
...Did I tell you that I have 3 kids now? Yep! I've been busy.
So obviously, no blogging for me.
Also...OK, confession time...I totally sold out my blog. (I know, you're like "no kidding right?!") And then, irony of all ironies, the selling-out of my blog caused me to become completely disenchanted with blogging.
Remember that time when I started doing giveaways?
And then I allowed ads on my blog?
Yea. Sorry about that.
Basically someone told me that I could make money if enough people read my blog, and I thought, "I like money. I like blogging. I'll do it!"
But then when blogging became about making money, the act of blogging lost all of it's joy. I liked blogging about as much as I like Lady Gaga's taste in fashion. And belieeeeeve me, that's very little.
Not that I don't like making money, don't get me wrong. (In fact, if you have some spare money you were looking to get rid of, I will gladly take it off of your hands.) But let me tell you from experience, blogging is not the most efficient, nor the most feel-good, satisfying, I'm-making-a-positive-contribution-to-the-world, way to go about making money. At least not the way I tried to go about it.
I mean, I started blogging as a way to keep in touch with the ones I love; the ones I left behind to follow my military husband "where ever after." I didn't like blogging as much once it became a "business" instead of a way to bare my soul to the world (ie. my readers....ie. basically my mom and dad.)
I mean, if I were going to become a business-owner, I'd prefer to market and sell something that I'm actually interested in and obsessed with. (Cloth diapers, anyone?) Not myself, via a blog. Because, believe it or not, I'm not that interested in, nor am I obsessed with, myself. ...At least not as much as I'm obsessed with cloth diapers.
So anyway, this is my official apology to my friends and family, and those who aren't into cloth diaper giveaways, for the whole "selling out" thing. I'd like to get back to blogging, for informative and entertainment purposes, as time allows. Believe it or not, I happen to like writing. And I especially like writing about things that I'm interested in. Like, saving money, crafting, sewing, cloth diapering, living healthy and "crunchy," doing the mom-thing and the wife-thing. ....You know, all the stuff I originally started this blog to write about. I hope you'll stick with me. (Mom and Dad.) If you're interested in those sorts of things. :) -Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment