Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ten Things Tuesday (And a special thank-you!)

Let's face it, I'm kind of random sometimes.

It's the blonde in me.

(Loreal #9A, "Light Ash Blonde," to be specific.)

So I decided that it might be a good idea to institute a "Ten Things Tuesdays" on my blog.

This way I have the perfect excuse to be completely random at least one day a week.  I like that.

So, every Tuesday, I have given myself permission to blog about whatever pops into my head, as long as there's ten of them.

Because "Ten" sounds nice with "Things Tuesday." And I'm kind of a sucker for alliteration.

...Since I'm a "mommy blogger", I thought it would be appropriate for my very first Ten Things Tuesday to be about my kiddos. So, without further ado...

Ten Things About My Kids :)


  1. I have two of them.
  2. They are both under two years old. I am stressed but blessed. 
  3. The older one is a boy. And he is all boy. I love that about him.
  4. The younger one is a girl. She doesn't like to get her hair wet in the pool. She's a girl after my own heart. And my own DNA.
  5. They are chunky monkeys. My son was 9lbs 7oz when he was born, and my daughter was 8lbs 13oz. My daughter is 7 months old and wearing size 12 and 18 month clothes.
  6. After about 13 hours of labor, it took me two whole hours to deliver my son. It took me about 3 seconds to deliver my daughter 16 months later. Probably because my son was 9lbs 7oz.
  7. I'm a huge proponent of EBFing, but I formula fed both my kiddos. It's a long story. I regret it of course, but I don't beat myself up about it. Maybe it'll work out next time. The moral of the story is, you're not a bad parent if you formula feed, and your kids will turn out just fine. Don't ever feel guilty or feel like a failure if you don't breast feed. Your kids will survive, and they might even still get to be President someday.
  8. My son's word for chocolate milk is "mock-mock." It's my favorite word in his little two-year-old vocabulary.
  9. My son took his first steps at 7 months, but didn't say his first word until he was over a year old. My daughter just turned 7 months old and has yet to even crawl. She's a total couch potato. But she's already trying to put sounds together. I love how every baby is different. It makes parenting so much fun.
  10. I haven't slept for two years. But the hubs and I declare every day that we would never go back to the days when we didn't have kids. They are just amazing miracles that mysteriously enrich our lives, bring us daily joy, and make us better people day-by-day. :)

Guess What?! (Side Note):

I won the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award from The Giveaway Junkie!



Many thanks to The Giveaway Junkie for choosing this blog to bestow such a "sweet" honor. :)

In receiving this award, I am to thank the person giving me the award, tell you seven facts about myself, and then pass the award on to other bloggers.

Here we go:
1. I married my best friend. I really did!
2. I like apple cider vinegar on pizza. Don't knock it til you tried it!
3. I love all of the Marx Brothers' movies from the 1930s. They are hilarious.
4. I think Dunkin Donuts coffee is better than Starbux.
5. I recently discovered this place in the mall that is an icecream...buffet! That. is. genius.
6. I love love love that show, The Iron Chef.
7. This award is making me hungry.

Gee, it's tough to choose just a few blogs from among all of the gems out there to pass this award along to. Everyone that I'm following has such unique and interesting content. I guess that's the thing about blogs -- they're usually about ourselves, and since we're all unique and different, that makes for some great and varied reading material!
I'll pick some of the blogs that I most recently started following, that I feel deserve some attention:

In the Kitchen With My Little Monkeys
Mommy of Two
Organic Planet
The Frugal Kitchen
Monkeys and Tutus
It's Time To Read Mamaw
Kindertravels

PS.. The adorable Sally Stitches giveaway is still going on! The easy entry form is here





5 comments:

MMAR said...

Congrats on the award!!
Following from BSN!
~Melissa

Anonymous said...

Enjoy those little ones. They grow up too fast! Thanks for friending me on BSN. I am now following your blog. If you are not already ,please follow mine at http://encorehomestagingredesign.blogspot.com

Princess Mom said...

New follower.. GFC,FB,and Networked blogs..

Come by and follow back if you can and check out the giveaways going on (great odds).

Happy Sunday!!

http://princessmomof2.blogspot.com/

kyna... said...

Congrats on your award! I love your blog!

Newest follower! Come meet my little one over at:
http://greatexpectations-kyna.blogspot.com/

Damaris said...

New follower from the hop. Just wanted to say hi. Your kids are adorable! :)

http://lifeaccordingtodamaris.com

© 2009-2011 Sarah E. Bennett http://whereeverafter.blogspot.com